Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Fibromyalgia in the Beginning

Let me start off by saying, I am not a doctor. I have no PhD nor do I study biology in my free time. I have, however, had a body for long enough to know when something is wrong and doesn't feel good. It's been about 15 years since my Grave's disease was brought under control and since my first fybromyalgia symptoms appeared. I didn't know that is what it was though, that was a recent revelation.
My first symptom was extreme exhaustion. I was told it was nothing, a side effect of my thyroid issues. But that was under control so it couldn't be that. So this went on and on and on until just recently my current doctor thought it might be fybromyalgia. Fybro what? I told her no, it was my thyroid but she disagreed. I finally had a diagnoses and I was arguing with her! No other doctor had given me a reasonable explanation so why would she? But, every book at the library later, and I had my answer. It was fybromyalgia.
In reading I found out what it was and how it affects the body. So, here I am. Writing this journal for anyone who doesn't want to feel alone in their struggle and not feel like they are crazy. I understand because I am added to the list of sufferers of a disease that some doctors don't even believe is real. All because you can't see it under a microscope. Let me tell you, you are not crazy and you are not alone.
Come with me on my journey and let's discover together just how not crazy we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment